Robotics Engineering Intern
Karlsruhe, Germany /
Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of world-class engineers and business gurus on a mission to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading experience from OpenAI, Google, SpaceX, Stripe, Blue Origin, Cruise and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Addition, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others. We are currently setting up our first large factory in Germany and need your help to bring it to full autonomy and duplicate it across the globe in our largest markets.
As a Robotics Engineering Intern, you will:
- Architect, design, and implement robotic software applications, infrastructure, and tools.
- Work with stakeholders across hardware, science, and operations teams to create robust, high-quality, well-tested software to interface with and control sensors, actuators, and other hardware.
- Constantly iterate on systems design and implementation.
- Collaborate with machine learning and robotic controls experts to implement and deploy algorithms, such as machine learning models.
- Profile, tune, and optimize system performance.
- Create re-usable software and systems to accelerate robotics development.
- Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance and operational excellence, and creating mechanisms for continuous improvement.
You'll fit in perfectly if:
- You recently finished or are currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics or computer science.
- You have proficient experience with Python and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- You have a deep fascination for robots and automation and enjoy the hardware component of it.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for your work, and are ready to learn and teach new things based on what needs doing at any given moment.
- You are excited to join diverse coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- You are fluent in English.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll have the opportunity to join an early-stage team and can influence our future trajectory.
- You'll experience growth in a hardware business.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while receiving frequent input and feedback.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20 meters from your desk.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.
We appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.