UX Engineer (3 mo Contract-to-Hire)
Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
From Research to Production we follow a user-centric design process. We prototype, test, analyze, refine, and prototype again. We believe that this fast, iterative process is key to producing highly functional and intuitive experiences for this new technology where the rules have yet to be defined. As a UX Engineer at DAQRI, you will ideate and design next generation Industrial Augmented Reality experiences that revolutionize the way workers learn, communicate and access information.
- Ideate 3 dimensional UI and UX concepts appropriate for industrial work environments, using Unity3D
- Defining new ways for users to interact with data using wearable, head-mounted displays
- Fast iterations + high quality
- Enable and conduct usability testing with high fidelity Unity prototypes
- Generate reusable components which can be consumed by other teams
- Communication with external APIs - incorporating real time / remote content into applications
- Present your designs to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide actionable feedback and guidance to our product, engineering and sales departments to ensure a feedback loop between creators and end-users
- Challenge existing mobile and desktop interaction paradigms to establish new solutions for DAQRI AR wearables
- 2+ years professional experience as a Unity developer
- Expert-level coding with C# and familiarity with other programming languages like C++
- Proven ability to create elegant & intuitive user interactions
- Experience designing for 3D environments
- Experience with 3D modeling tools like 3D Max and Blender
- Strong communication skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach.
- Experience working with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Experience with tracking technologies like ARKit, ARCore
- Experience writing custom shaders.
- Familiarity with analytics in an AR environment
- Familiarity with Unity’s AR/VR system and 3rd party plugins such as Cardboard, Steam VR, etc.
- Experience in digital gaming
DAQRI is the world’s leading professional-grade augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.