Unity Developer for Fixed-Term Contract (3 months)
Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
From Research to Production we follow a User-Centric Design Process. We prototype, test, analyze, refine, and prototype again. We believe that this fast, iterative process is key to producing highly functional and intuitive experiences for this new technology where the rules have yet to be defined.
- Implement design paradigms to enable usability testing
- Innovate and collaborate with the Design team to think of new ways to display and interact with data for end users in wearable head mounted displays
- Rapid prototyping of new AR interaction concepts
- 2+ years professional or academic experience as a Unity developer
- Proficiency in C#, Unity’s Monobehaviour system, ‘Unity’s New UI System’, and Unity 5.0 and above
- Strong communication skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach
- Interest in design and desire to create an excellent user experience, over creating efficient code
- BA/MS Software Engineering or an equivalent field
- Experience working with Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Experience creating visual effects and programmatic art within Unity
- Familiarity in analytics collection
- Familiarity with Unity’s AR/VR system and 3rd party plugins such as Cardboard, Steam VR, etc.
- Experience in digital gaming
DAQRI is the world’s leading professional-grade augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.