DAQRI is looking for an experienced program management candidate who will join the computer vision research team. A successful candidate will support the team’s projects by aligning resources, vendors, research partners, internal stakeholders and customers to the roadmap. The candidate will work with the company's product management team on deliverables.
He or she will also manage a select set of closely tied university research partners. This includes defining the scope of work with the professors and researchers, writing and submitting the research proposals, monitoring the progress and putting in place processes and plans for knowledge transfer back to the company, and helping the company file relevant IP.
He or she will also officially represent the company in Austria. This includes speaking engagements at various business and academic events to promote the company’s technologies, actively seeking out research partners and strategic customers, working with finance to manage the budget of the office, working with the legal department to ensure the status of the company is maintained, managing new hire induction and orientation, and hardware/software acquisition.
The candidate will be the primary point of contact for our office in Austria.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to work independently
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience in managing technical projects, or starting and leading small companies in Austria
- Experience working in one of the following: AR/VR, wearables, consumer electronics, industrial HMIs, university research projects
- Experience with software or computer vision development
- Familiarity with technical vendor ecosystem
- Knowledge of Android, iOS, Linux
- Knowledge of computer vision concepts
- Knowledge of key ecosystem partners/players
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering)
- MS, MBA or PhD preferred
Our Team: DAQRI's team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts work on cutting edge technology and have a chance to make a large impact on one of the most exciting startups. Our team is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we're excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2016 Quality of Living Survey). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.