Systems Integration Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. This might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head-up display (HUD) for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head-up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including sedans and SUVs.
Now that we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Automotive Laser Holographic Head-up Displays…could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for an innovative Systems Integration Engineer to report to the Technical Project Lead and support the Engineering team in delivering unique automotive display systems.
We are looking for someone that is going to build on our automotive engineering prowess and work as part of a broader, multi-disciplined team. The successful candidate will need to show a methodical approach to systems integration solutions as well as aptitude in dealing with our automotive customers, suppliers and other entities within the DAQRI group. The successful candidate must be able to operate and excel in an innovative environment.
- Support requirements management process. Correlate internal and external requirements. Cascade requirements to appropriate departments (mechanical, software, hardware, optical etc.) and track progress. Escalate requirements fulfillment gaps.
- Work with the customer and technical teams to further define customer and internal requirements.
- Support Technical Project Lead in interfacing with customers for head-up display (HUD) product line engineering. Support regular on-site customer interactions. Participate in customer design reviews.
- Maintain customer product development team meeting notes. Track and follow up on each item. Engage engineering team as necessary.
- Support integration of the HUD product by bringing together the efforts of each engineering discipline.
- Coordinate and contribute to internal product design reviews.
- Diagnose system level and vehicle level issues and concerns and lead resolution with the engineering team.
- Manage engineering timing milestones and deliverables, maintaining product specific engineering timing.
- Responsible for prototype part timing and delivery.
- Act as primary product team interface with prototyping and manufacturing both internal and external.
- International travel may be required as part of the execution of duties within this role.
- 2+ years of automotive experience preferably interfacing with an OEM.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident with leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with an appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to a variety of people inside the customer’s organization.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Practical ‘hands-on’ experience.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.