Director of Engineering – DAQRI INTERNATIONAL
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. But enough about us, let’s talk about you. The Director of Engineering for DAQRI International will lead a high-performing and quickly growing team of developers based in Dublin, Ireland. The team is focused on development of the DAQRI suite of software stack for building applications for DAQRI Smart Helmet. This role is part of a broader management team in Europe responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional developer talent within the DAQRI site in Dublin, Ireland.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as Software Engineer, including hands-on technical development experience with C/C++ and C#.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing and growing small to mid-size teams of high-performing software engineers. (If it turns out you’ve got 10 years experience managing pint-size teams of low-performing engineers, we can talk.)
- Experience developing functional specifications and design for software products.
- The ideal candidate has experience driving best practices in an organization, by tuning engineering process and preferably through Test Driven Development, code reviews and Continuous Integration.
- Proficiency with embedded systems and/or Linux is a plus.
- Knowledge of rendering pipeline is a plusExperience working with remote engineering teams.
- Strong analytical and algorithmic problem-solving skills. (This is your chance to be Batman. What you wanted more Star Trek references?)
- Works well in fast-paced growing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters or Phd degree in Science, Mathematical Science, Computer Science or related field.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with a R&D facility in Sunnyvale, CA and a development center in Dublin, Ireland.