Senior Software Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
Software Engineering is at the heart of our technologies. More specifically we need to augment our native development skills, to blend the best in functionality with the best in performance and battery optimisation for our 1st Party Applications. Our Software Engineers not only write and test code but also come up with the most efficient algorithms and data structures to use on real-time problems. You will be in charge not only of designing and implementing robust software but also on pushing the capabilities of cutting edge technologies such as our DAQRI Smart Helmet, DAQRI Smart Glasses and our Holographic Displays.
- Develop user interface centric 1st Party Applications on our Linux based Smart devices
- Ability to translate product requirements and concepts into software designs and implementation taking scalability and performance into consideration
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
- 5+ years of C/C++ coding, object-oriented programming familiarity with multi-threaded programming concepts
- 3+ years with OpenGL/OpenGL ES for 3D graphics rendering pipeline
- Knowledge of building UI frameworks and following right design principles
- 5+ years of experience writing specialized shaders, experience in performance optimizations, writing efficient implementations, and software debugging, expertise on clean and efficient API design
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Linux x11, Wayland, Mir
- Experience with Qt and SW architecture
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Git, CMake, Debugging Tools, Static Code Analysis, Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and development tools such as Unity3d
- System integration experience with any of the following: web services (REST, SOAP), SCADA, OSI PI Server, SAP, Salesforce.com, Inventory management systems, databases (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- B.S or M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field with greater than 4 years experience
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Detroit, Dublin, Milton Keynes and Battle U.K., and Vienna.