Senior Dense 3D Reconstruction Researcher
Our Computer Vision team is dedicated to delivering the best Augmented Reality and Computer Vision experience. We are looking for smart, innovative and motivated individuals with Computer Vision and Augmented Reality research & development backgrounds.
As a member of the Computer Vision team you will be responsible of creating the next generation algorithms that power our hardware and software. You will work with vision based tracking and reconstruction systems, inertial measurement assisted SLAM systems. Your work will contribute to the entire pipeline, from robust calibration to fast positioning and accurate mapping of the environment. You will perform research and development of new techniques that will have a strong impact on our SmartHelmet and our Holographic Displays.
- Dense reconstruction using depth sensors, color cameras, thermal cameras and other sensors
- Semantic understanding of reconstructed environments
- High-quality reconstructions using state-of-the-art reconstruction methods and sensor noise modeling
- Perform research on long-term dense mapping for persistent and continuously expanding reconstructions
- 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
- Robust real-time 6 DoF tracking algorithms such as SLAM, VIO and model-based tracking
- Algorithms for devices with limited computing power
- Experience with working data from passive stereo, active stereo, structured light and time of flight
- Good C/C++ programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design
- Proven track record in implementing computationally expensive algorithm in commodity hardware
- Proficiency MATLAB or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical fundamentals
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field
Our Team: DAQRI's team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts work on cutting edge technology and have a chance to make a large impact on one of the most exciting startups. Our team is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we're excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2016 Quality of Living Survey). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.