Senior Product Manager - Developer Tools
Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives, and we take enormous pride in our engineering to deliver the right product.
We are looking for an experienced Product Management candidate who will join the Product Management team responsible for the DAQRI smart device development platforms. A successful candidate will perform all functions related to device product management, develop and align roadmaps with peers from Product Management Engineering, and work with the company's Product Marketing team to accurately position and communicate key messages. He or she will also manage a select set of closely tied ecosystem partners. Key tasks will include the need to meet with partners, customers and prospects to identify and prioritize requirements, write functional product requirements documents (PRD), and work with Engineering to define the product roadmap, scope releases, and track product development. He or she will be responsible for making classical requirements vs. scheduling tradeoffs in order to meet minimum viable product for launch.
Areas of focus will include APIs, documentation, sample code, third-party development environments, debugging tools, and application deployment. He or she will specify the appropriate use cases, work on promoting the development environments both through direct customer interaction as well as by working with the outbound marketing team on collateral, speaking events, and articles. He or she will also act as the primary contact to a set of close ecosystem partners, to ensure roadmap alignment with DAQRI's external app developers.
- Define long term product vision for DAQRI developer solutions and drive the day-to-day roadmap execution towards shipping professional grade development tools.
- Help shape overall strategy and roadmap as a core member of the DAQRI product team.
- Work with the engineering and design teams to design & deliver a robust AR development experience.
- Champion the voice of the customer; establish one-to-many customer and partner forums for product feedback; personally engage deeply with customers, partners, and Sales; prioritize product requirements based on customer feedback, market insights and competitive research.
- Evangelize DAQRI devices app development at technical conferences, trade shows, and with customers and partners.
- 4+ years of experience in product groups creating enterprise or mobile software and applications, or development environments.
- 2+ years Unity/Unreal/other game engine development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience using or building enterprise and/or mobile developer environments - e.g., Microsoft Visual Studio; Android or iOS development environments.
- Great communication skills – actively wants to spend time with customers and end users.
- Outstanding technical and business problem solving and a passion for quality.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with hands-on ability to work without the structure of a large PM team.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Open to change and demonstrated ability to operate in a dynamic environment, with minimal supervision, while demonstrating strong personal drive and self-motivation.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with computer graphics, computer vision, image processing.
- Knowledge of the AR/MR industry and broader market.
DAQRI is the world’s leading professional-grade augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.