Director of Supply Chain
Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. DAQRI is looking to hire a Director of Supply Chain. This is a new role and will be responsible for leading our supply chain activities.
- Direct supply chain functions including: materials planning/forecasting, procurement, inventory, shipping and receiving.
- Develop and execute our supply chain strategy, with an emphasis on quality, price, delivery and service.
- Develop global sourcing activities and strategies.
- Develop policies and procedures and implement modern purchasing/planning approaches.
- Mentor and grow a team of world-class supply chain professionals.
- Lead periodic business reviews, meetings and visits with vendors and senior management.
- Manage existing and establish new contracts with vendors for contract manufacturing and/or select OEM manufacturing.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including R&D, Engineering, Procurement, and Quality in managing vendor relationships over multiple product lines, new model introduction, design changes, and contract manufacturing proposals.
- Research and evaluate overseas and domestic suppliers.
- Develop and execute a robust supplier performance improvement program.
- Champion strategic sourcing processes.
- Provide expertise in negotiation and contract management, based on best value to drive lowest total cost and improve material availability and quality.
- Be accountable for the development and maintenance of department policies, procedures and work instructions, to optimise productivity and execution of activities.
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and have considered all cost variables.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities.
- Ensure supply contingency plans are up-to date and easily activated in the event primary suppliers are unable to perform as required.
- Help build our Supply Chain department by actively recruiting new talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level)/ or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience directly sourcing products from global suppliers for high volume electronics industry (consumer products or equivalent).
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and translate technical language for clarity.
- Experience in change management and leading negotiations.
- Experience researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws as well as developing solutions to complex contracting issues.
- Strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills with both external customers and internal management.
- Highly motivated and organized, customer-focused, positive and enthusiastic attitude, ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Background in process improvement with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other methodology.
- Possess great leadership skills with an interpersonal style that will reflect positively on the Company and team. A bias for action and sense of urgency.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Track record of accomplishing assignments on time.
- Must be a highly organised and self-motivated individual who can manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, up to 50%.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.