Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. DAQRI is looking to hire a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Create engineering drawings and specifications for new components, products and mechanical designs, working with internal and external customers through the development and approval process.
- Perform requirements analysis and generate ideas quickly in CAD or using other methods.
- Present technical information to stakeholders using a variety of tools: MS Office, Google Docs, etc.
- Evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Conduct FAI and other QA activities.
- Perform stress and mechanical simulations using FEA and CFD techniques.
- Develop and maintain detailed development schedules for production planning.
- Optimize the technical and/or mechanical performance of all new and existing AR solutions.
- Coordinate with and consult with other team members to design or detail components.
- Perform equipment maintenance (rotating responsibility for cleaning lab machines like our laser machine, plastic printer, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience designing mechanical parts for complex products in a high production environment.
- General consulting skills including the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and make recommendations regarding product design and manufacturing.
- Solid design skills including proven proficiency working in CAD environments like Solidworks, CREO, Catia etc (Solidworks Desired).
- Technical knowledge in dealing with contract manufacturing partners and vendors.
- Exposure to rapid prototyping methods to create proof of concept components & products in the shortest possible time.
- Knowledge of modern fabrication methods, materials and their limitations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn from others.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented, exemplary attendance, punctual, highly organized, flexible, quick learner, self-starter and reliable team member.
- Exposure to requirements for head‐up and head‐mounted displays.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.