Quality Assurance Lead
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. Our DAQRI Smart Helmet boasts the most advanced sensor suite of any wearable or mobile device to date along with unparalleled processing power to back it up.
You can check out the DAQRI Smart Helmet here:
We are seeking a Manufacturing Test Engineer with extensive Quality Assurance experience to help take our SMT operation to the next level. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of managing multiple hardware test stations utilized in manufacturing or failure analysis screening. Successful candidates are capable of performing data analysis to identify key issues, and have the ability to synthesize data into information to provide updates to peers, executive management and 3rd parties.
- Inspection, both simple and complex, of product, components, subassemblies, fabrication, PCB’s, PCB-A’s, and other piece parts to ensure conformance to requirements at various stages. In more detail, this effort will consist of the following activities:
- Interprets drawings to determine component and assembly requirements, including standard tolerances, Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (G D & T), and engineering notations
- Uses standard inspection equipment to measure parts (CMM, calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc.)
- Inspect incoming material for conformance to drawing and contractual specifications
- Identifies and documents nonconforming conditions
- Executes inspection plans and checklists for inspections
- Verifies receipt and reviews required inspection data for accuracy and compliance to requirements
- Performs quality assurance activities concerned with the engineering and manufacturing of products, materials, and processes, by performing the following duties.
- Establishes and collect data for metrics reporting, and analyzes results of activities for potentially adverse trends.
- Prepares status reports for management, and presents status to management as required.
- Generates and tracks responses to internal corrective action requests (CARs) and supplier CARs.
- Performs detailed specification, design documents and contract reviews to determine the quality assurance requirements and generate and execute a detailed QA test plan in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Witnesses testing of expensive high risk parts or sub-assemblies.
- Performs acceptance testing and final inspection before parts and or sub-assemblies are shipped out for final assembly
- Establishes and maintain an effective monitoring program, including the use of PC-based tools for planning, tracking and evaluating performance.
- Develops quality procedures for processes, inspection instructions and inspection alerts.
- Support failure analysis at the process, component, and workmanship level (Defect trend analysis and Failure Modes, Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA) efforts).
- Facilitates Root cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Development of quality plans, verification of engineering tests and measurement practices for new and existing products using QA Tools (TQM, FME, SPC, and Risk analysis)
- Performs tasks related to quality planning activities such as, research and staying up to date on vendor/part approvals
- Reviews drawings for adherence to design inputs; material callouts and standards and procedures; and regulatory and QS requirements
- Participates in the improvement of the manufacturing process for existing products. Conduct studies to stabilize, validate or improve product and process capabilities. Perform capability studies to identify problems, provide solutions and/or recommendations for improvement, and implementing corrective/preventive actions.
- Participates in the analysis of defective product and/or processes to determine root cause of defect and provide input on corrective/preventive actions to prevent future failures. Implement solutions to improve yield.
- Review work instructions, inspection documents, release documents Design change requests, bug fixes, and change notifications
- Works closely with developers to design test criteria and develop automated and manual tests
- Setup, qualify and maintain hardware test stations.
- Set up new Lab and Failure Analysis equipment, as necessary.
- At least 7 years experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with quality data analysis tools and statistical techniques.
- Solid background in electrical products and electrical product manufacturing, using software/firmware, troubleshooting, design transfer and burn-in testing.
- ISO 9000 QMS / AS9100 knowledgeable, including conducting process and product quality audits.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a PCBA used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted into a test helmet, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Schematic capture, PCB design and electronic circuit simulation.
- Programming of embedded processors, FPGAs and other similar logic devices using C/C++ and related languages as well as test scripts.
- Understanding of modern optical manufacturing methods and optical system fabrication.
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics and polarization.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, Experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify part dimensions against drawing requirements
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience building and managing a QA team although this is a very hands on role to start with
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Our flagship product, the DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.