At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
From Research to Production we engage closely with our clients and follow a User-Centered Design Process. We prototype, test, analyze and refine prototype again and believe that this fast iterative process is key to producing highly functional and intuitive experiences for this new technology where the rules have yet to be defined. As a UI Designer, you will ideate and design Next Generation Industrial Augmented Reality experiences that revolutionize the way workers learn, communicate and access information.
- Contribute to all parts of the visual communications process and present your designs to various stakeholders including clients.
- Ideate and Visualize 3 Dimensional UI concepts appropriate for Industrial work environments.
- Design, prototype and test UI components for Augmented Reality Applications.
- Conduct task analysis and user studies to bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex User Interface challenges.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR/AR problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years working experience as a professional client facing UI/Visual Designer.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating your mastery of traditional design tools such as Sketch App, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects.
- Ability to collaborate with Software engineers.
- Ability to design for and work in 3D.
- Strong communication skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach.
- Experience working with and/or in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Experience with professional 3D software for asset creation and texturing (Blender, Cinema 4D, 3DSMax, and others)
- Experience with creating and documenting style guides and Design Systems.
- Experience designing applications for industrial environments.
- Experience with real-time 3D engines.
- B.A. or M.S. Visual Communication and/or Interaction Design or an equivalent field with greater than 4 years experience.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.