Senior Electronics Engineer
Milton Keynes, UK
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for high calibre Senior Electronics Engineer to take a lead in the electronic design activities for the DAQRI automotive HUDs. Your duties will include leading the electronics design team, liaising with the non-electronic design leads and supporting the wider Automotive HUD Engineering Teams, in the overall development of our HUD product lines.
We are looking for a dynamic senior engineer that can work across projects with multiple automotive OEMs and Tier 1 partners, providing technical support and engineering input, helping to drive each project forward. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other teams and companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Required to take a lead the automotive electronics team in designing the electronic elements of the holographic head up display, including analogue drive circuits with safety features, embedded controllers, FPGAs, ASICs, power supplies and interfaces.
- Liaise with automotive customers to finalise electronic design of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements, including EMC and environmental criteria.
- Take a lead role in the design verification activities of electronic designs.
- Take a lead role in the electronic design within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support requirements analysis, the development of specifications, DFMEA, FMA activities, & other quality system tools.
- Support the software team in the development of embedded software, firmware, network interfaces and the integration with the electronic hardware.
- Approve & release electronic designs and manage the production of hardware.
- Lead root cause & trouble shooting investigations on electronic design issues.
- Lead electronic design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present to all business levels.
- Troubleshoot electronic design issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience of electronics design, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an automotive tier one or automotive OEM.
- Electronics design experience covering, analogue and digital systems, with specific experience in embedded solutions, FPGAs, ASICs and switch mode power supplies.
- Must have experience with op-amps, FETs, power supplies, ADCs, DACs and embedded control systems.
- Experience in designs with all common automotive interfaces such as; CAN, FLEXRAY, LIN and automotive video interfaces.
- Proven project delivery track record in an automotive electronic engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Experience of implementing designs considering EMC and thermal and other environmental constraints, plus proven skills in solving EMC and thermal design issues.
- Understanding of high speed signal integrity and power integrity issues.
- Experience with analogue circuit simulators such as SPICE.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in Cadence PCB design front-end tools: Allegro Design Authoring and Allegro Connectivity Manager.
- Experience in Altium Designer 16 PCB design package.
DAQRI is the world’s leading professional-grade augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.