Senior Sensor Fusion Engineer for Automotive Systems
Our Computer Vision team is dedicated to delivering the best Augmented Reality and Computer Vision experience. We are looking for smart, innovative and motivated individuals with Automotive, Computer Vision or Augmented Reality research & development backgrounds.
As a member of the Computer Vision team you will be responsible of creating the next generation algorithms that power our hardware and software. You will work on combining vision algorithms with IMU, GPS and other sensor input to enable accurate localization and tracking of vehicles and wearable devices. Your work will enable bringing Augmented Reality into the car and beyond. You will perform research and development of new techniques that will have a strong impact on DAQRI’s SmartHUD and SmartHelmet.
- Implement sensor fusion algorithms for accurate global localization of a car as well as wearable devices.
- Improve tracking and localization latency to enable real-time rendering for augmented reality.
- Design and implement data structures and algorithms fit for Computer Vision and Augmented Reality on embedded platforms.
- Integrate, calibrate and synchronize various sensor to allow their fusion.
- Experience with sensor fusion algorithms for accurate global localization preferably in automotive setups.
- Profound knowledge of state estimation frameworks like EKF or similar.
- Experience with integrating and processing signals from sensors and automotive systems like GPS, IMU, radar, camera and odometry information from CAN.
- Excellent C++ and object-oriented programming skills demonstrated through relevant industry experience.
- Localization in/with HD Maps
- Embedded development in cars
- Lane detection
- GPGPU programming
- Experience with automotive systems
- Experience with ADAS hardware and software
- Experience in CAN bus programming
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or an Equivalent field
Our Team: DAQRI's team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts work on cutting edge technology and have a chance to make a large impact on one of the most exciting startups. Our team is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we're excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2016 Quality of Living Survey). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.