Los Angeles, CA
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
From Research to Production we engage closely with our clients and follow a User-Centered Design Process. We prototype, test, analyze, refine, and prototype again. We believe that this fast, iterative process is key to producing highly functional and intuitive experiences for this new technology where the rules have yet to be defined. As a Designer at DAQRI, you will ideate and design next generation Industrial Augmented Reality experiences that revolutionize the way workers learn, communicate and access information.
- Contribute to all parts of the visual communications process and present your designs to various stakeholders including clients.
- Ideate and Visualize 3 Dimensional UI and UX concepts appropriate for Industrial work environments.
- Design, prototype and test UI components for Augmented Reality Applications within Unity and other relevant tool systems.
- Aid in conducting task analysis and user studies to bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex User Interface challenges.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR/AR problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide actionable feedback and guidance to our product, engineering, and sales departments to ensure a proper feedback loop between creators and end-users.
- 2+ years working experience as a professional Visual Designer.
- BA/MS Visual Communication and/or Interaction Design or an equivalent field.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating your mastery of traditional design tools such as Sketch App, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects.
- Focus on visual aesthetics and innovation.
- Ability to collaborate with Software Engineers.
- Ability to design for and work in 3D.
- Strong communication skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Experience with professional 3D software for asset creation and texturing (Blender, Cinema 4D, 3DSMax, and others).
- Experience with creating and documenting style guides and Design Systems.
- Experience designing applications for industrial environments.
- Experience with real-time 3D engines.
DAQRI is the world’s leading professional-grade augmented reality (AR) technology company. The cutting-edge DAQRI Visual Operating System (Vos) powers an ecosystem of products, including DAQRI Smart Helmet®, DAQRI Smart Glasses™, and DAQRI Smart HUD™. DAQRI is revolutionizing holography and 3D printing with its proprietary Software Defined Light (SDL) technology. DAQRI was founded in 2010 by Brian Mullins and is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Austria.