Automotive Mechanical Design Engineer
Milton Keynes, UK
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for an innovative Automotive Mechanical Design Engineer to report to the Senior Mechanical Engineer and support the Engineering team in delivering unique automotive display systems. This is in support of the development of our DAQRI automotive holographic head up display product line.
We are looking for someone that is going to build on our automotive mechanical engineering prowess and work as part of a wider multi-disciplined team. The successful candidate will need to show a methodical but innovative approach to design solutions and also aptitude in dealing with our automotive customers, suppliers and other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel may be required as part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Required to take an active role as part of the automotive mechanical team in designing the mechanical elements of the holographic head up display, including packaging in customer vehicle lines, enclosures and electro-optical mechanical elements.
- Liaise with the automotive customers, supporting the Senior Mechanical Engineer, to finalise optical and mechanical layout of the head up display system to suit specific customer vehicle lines.
- Develop DFMEA, FMA and support other quality systems, liaising with the customer and the automotive engineering team.
- Creation of component & assembly drawings.
- Support the approval & release of component & assembly drawings.
- Develop root cause & troubleshooting investigations.
- Work with child part suppliers to identify & develop sub components.
- Design & assembly of prototype parts & fixtures.
- Develop test & evaluation regimes.
- Attend and provide input into design reviews and prepare presentation materials as required.
- Experience with CATIA V5 in a multi-discipline engineering environment.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident with participating in client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in being part of a team in an automotive mechanical engineering environment and a wider multi-disciplined engineering team, either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Proven track record in an automotive mechanical engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- GD&T experience beneficial.
- Experience with electrical, optical, thermal & NVH systems beneficial.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.