Toronto, Ontario /
Dark Slope – Games /
Dark Slope is an entertainment company with a singular focus to make the impossible, possible. With advanced motion capture and virtual production technologies, Dark Slope develops genre defining television programs and unforgettable immersive games for our original IP, co-productions and clients including NBC Universal, Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC, and TVOntario amongst others. Dark Slope is recognized as a Realscreen Trailblazer for its impact on the scripted and unscripted industries (2023), as well as a North America Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2022) and Canadian Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ (2022) company.
We’re looking for an experienced Producer to work on a VR title for the Meta Quest 2. Our ideal candidate is passionate about games and is an excellent collaborator with previous experience in a lead production role. We are looking for an individual with exceptional organization and communication abilities, who has the technical understanding to set achievable expectations, and who is comfortable working with schedules across multiple time zones. This candidate will partner with the Production Manager to liaise with internal/external stakeholders and external vendors, and connect with the team to support them in delivering our next amazing VR gameplay experience!
- Build strong client relationships through creative ideation & support
- Partner with the Production Manager/team to build and maintain efficient processes (such as standups, planning, and reviews) and manage Jira projects and Confluence spaces
- Support internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information to and from stakeholders and proactively addressing any questions or concerns
- Develop and update budgets, making decisions based on costs and benefits
- Foster a safe, positive, collaborative, creative and motivated culture within the studio and team
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and work to address any questions or concerns within the scope of resources & schedule, with respect to the design vision
- Liaise with the QA team to ensure the proper quality assurance testing of the deliverables
- Support the development of internal and external progress reports & presentations
- Collaborate and manage the human resource planning, hiring and development of the team
- Contribute ideas, improvements and solutions to the team, product, and studio
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years as a Producer or Associate Producer in the games industry
- Strong organizational, administrative and project management skills
- Calm and positive disposition, and solutions-oriented in the face of conflict
- Understanding of how to work effectively in an environment with diverse personalities and work styles, including previous experience working with clients
- Ability to take initiative and establish priorities
- Experience implementing new problem-solving processes, managing workflow, interpersonal conflict/discussion and ensuring teams have what they need to succeed
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Jira, Confluence, Word and Excel
Useful Skills & Experience
- Past shipped AAA PC and/or console games
- Experience with VR/AR production processes or VR/AR in general
- Experience using Agile methodologies in the games industry
- Previous experience working in another discipline such as programming, art, or design
At Dark Slope, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates, and we recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate unique perspectives that stem from diverse lived experiences. We prioritize transparency in all aspects of our operations and work to maintain an open, honest, and efficient workplace. We encourage unconventional thinking, and we are willing to accommodate your individual needs to support your success. Dark Slope is happy to work with applicants who require accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.