Toronto, Ontario /
Dark Slope – Games /
Dark Slope is an entertainment company with a singular focus to make the impossible, possible. With advanced motion capture and virtual production technologies, Dark Slope develops genre defining television programs and unforgettable immersive games for our original IP, co-productions and clients including NBC Universal, Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC, and TVOntario amongst others. Dark Slope is recognized as a Realscreen Trailblazer for its impact on the scripted and unscripted industries (2023), as well as a North America Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2022) and Canadian Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ (2022) company.
Dark Slope is looking for a Level Artist to work in a multidisciplinary collaborative environment to create game levels, while staying within the technical limitations, and capturing the look and feel of the game.
- Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision;
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints;
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists, follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the Project leader;
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise (test and improve);Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene;
- Build the rough map of the level with the level designer to show the preliminary graphic intentions, gameplays and ensure they are approved.
Useful Skills & Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as an Level Artist in the game industry;
- Solid understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling;
- Proficient with 3D modeling software like 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc.;
- Good knowledge of lighting, composition, colour and environmental design principles;
- Self starter who requires minimal direction and can take the vision for the level from start until completion and commit to deadlines;
- Collaborative team player;
- Very good technical/artistic balance.
At Dark Slope, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates, and we recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate unique perspectives that stem from diverse lived experiences. We prioritize transparency in all aspects of our operations and work to maintain an open, honest, and efficient workplace. We encourage unconventional thinking, and we are willing to accommodate your individual needs to support your success. Dark Slope is happy to work with applicants who require accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.