Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA
Sales & Account Management – Sales & Business Development
The Big Picture
Darkstore’s mission is to make all of the world's products accessible all over the world. We are reinventing the supply chain with a technology platform and urban fulfillment network that enables brands to offer same-day and direct to consumer delivery across the US (and growing!). We are a venture backed, high growth startup looking for results orientated people to join our team!
About The Role
The Sales Development Representative will take on a crucial role in the sales cycle. You will be focused on finding ways to creatively engage prospects with the end objective of driving qualified opportunities for the New Business organization. The SDR will have ample opportunity to learn from and provide ongoing support during deals and have the opportunity to collaborate with internal teams along the way.
You will transition from your role as an SDR with a number of important competencies that are easily adaptable to any career path that you wish to pursue. At a baseline, you will become confident in speaking to Darkstores' unique solutions and learn to structure, support, and take on an active role in sales cycles. Most importantly, you will understand how to identify and drive value for our clients. You’ll actively contribute to our growth and success while working with one of the fastest growing logistic startups.
Who will love this job
- A collaborative teammate, you enjoy working with others and utilizing strong partnerships (internal and external) to achieve the best outcome
- A problem solver, you ask the right questions to uncover root cause and can quickly iterate to a final, well-thought-out result.
- A competitor- you get motivated and passionate about setting and exceeding goals
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Developing, maintaining, and actively updating your list of assigned named accounts in Salesforce to reflect current state of engagement and indicate relevant information
- Leading qualification calls prior to introductory meetings with the associated New Business Lead to ascertain fit according to ideal client profile
- Researching prospects and their brands to identify relevant information to incorporate into outreach, making sure to document pertinent information in Salesforce
- Implementing systematic methods for your outreach to ultimately maximize efficiency and scale of your efforts
- Maintaining internal system hygiene to contribute to organizational platform cleanliness
- Contributing to the overall improvement and growth of the Sales Development team!
What You Will Accomplish
- As an SDR, you will be directly measured by your attainment against a quarterly opportunity quota and go into each day with a clear understanding of your efforts’ impact on the company’s revenue growth
Skills And Experiences That Will Make You Successful
- 1+ years of work experience, preferably in a sales capacity
- Fundamental understanding of software as a service industry
- Willingness to learn the intricacies involved in enterprise sales cycles and the outreach process for engaging potential clients
- Proven success in driving engagement through cold outreach and experience in producing quality leads
- Ability to prioritize outreach efforts, maintain account and prospect hygiene, and continue a communicative partnership with New Business Leads
- Understanding of and experience using Salesforce and/or outreach platforms (ex. SalesLoft, Outreach.io) to document and complete activities
- Genuine curiosity in people, markets, technology, and business landscapes, with excellent researching skills, listening skills, and a desire to learn and understand why Darkstore can help with so many business challenges