Head of Finance
Palo Alto, CA /
Finance – Finance and Strategy /
Who We Are
Darkstore Inc is a fast-growing and behind the scenes urban fulfillment platform that’s backed by well-known investors including EQT Ventures. We won’t stop until we have revolutionized the way products from brands you love (such as Nike) show up at your doorstep. Launching our first customer-facing app, FastAF is your new local shop featuring the top products from the top brands. We are a high growth, direct-to-consumer curated brand-centric marketplace that gives consumers access to the brands they love in 2-hours. We are a marketplace changing the way premier brands connect their products with consumers. Come see why our passionate and entrepreneurial team has joined us from companies like Goop, Amazon, and Glossier.
It’s what you want (The best brands and products) How you want it, (a one-stop shopping experience) When you want it (in 2-hours or less).
As the Head of Finance, you will set the vision for what finance looks like and how it operates, and you’ll execute to bring that vision to life. In this role, you’ll build and lead a team of high performing and motivated finance superstars while providing ongoing mentorship to develop the team continually. Your team will bring deep financial expertise to company-wide decisions and priorities related to our business model’s evolution across all sides of our marketplace. Our ideal candidate will be a natural leader who can take a strategic approach while having the ability to bring people together to grow our business successfully.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy, development, and ultimately execution across all financial functions
- Develop and guide our financial leaders while continuing to build a world-class Finance organization
- Collaborate with Board and external stakeholders, effectively communicating clear company vision, mission, and directive. You’ll drive the content strategy and planning efforts for board meetings and external stakeholder interactions to consider company growth goals and progress
- Implement processes, frameworks, and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Partner with the CEO and other team members in developing our forward-looking company investment strategies and assess risk along the way
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on short-, medium- and long-term business strategy
Who You Are
- 10+ years of finance experience, including 5+ years at the senior leadership level, a bonus for experience at inventory-based, high growth organizations; your experience spans both private and public companies
- You are low-ego, high-energy, and exhibit the qualities of a servant leader, always asking what you can do to make everyone around you more successful
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Ability to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively and understand the importance of both
- Strong moral compass
- You know how to get people to listen and understand with your fantastic communication skills
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You thrive working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment