San Francisco, CA /
Executive Leadership – Executive Leadership /
Who We Are
Darkstore Inc is a fast-growing and behind the scenes urban fulfillment platform that’s backed by well-known investors including EQT Ventures. We won’t stop until we have revolutionized the way products from brands you love (such as Nike) show up at your doorstep. Launching our first customer-facing app, FastAF is your new local shop featuring the top products from the top brands. We are a high growth, direct-to-consumer curated brand-centric marketplace that gives consumers access to the brands they love in 2-hours. We are a marketplace changing the way premier brands connect their products with consumers. Come see why our passionate and entrepreneurial team has joined us from companies like Goop, Amazon, and Glossier.
It’s what you want (The best brands and products) How you want it, (a one-stop shopping experience) When you want it (in 2-hours or less).
As the GM of FastAF, you will operate as the “CEO of FastAF”, overseeing all aspects of the app, including user acquisition and user growth. You will develop and drive the expansion of FastAF's marketplace, choosing which cities we expand to next and what categories we ultimately decide to include. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of every part of what goes into operating a successful DTC brand and a passion for being an agile leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit.
What You'll Do
- Determine, execute and evaluate user acquisition strategies, tactics, and growth of our user base, on a first time order and a repeat order basis
- Oversee market expansion, including determining which cities we expand to and why, and the launch strategy and execution across each city
- Own the expansion of merchandise and categories, understand what products we need to be selling and why, down to a city and neighborhood level
- Locate the Darkstores (fulfillment centers) that make sense to use in each city and neighborhood, and partner at the city level with delivery companies to enable FastAF to be FastAF, and continually push forward the speed at which our orders will be delivered
- Ownership and accountability of a P&L that will enable us to scale unit economics from day 1
The Right Candidate Will Have The Following
- An analytical mindset that uses data to drive decisions. You can pull the necessary data from user behavior and act on this data to make FastAF and our user experience exponentially better
- Entrepreneurial mindset that is a can-do, owner, and leader attitude which will enable us to do whatever it takes to grow at the pace we need to
- Leadership qualities that obsess over the customer, high standards, accountability, and ownership led. You operate with less to do more, have a bias for action, deliver results, and a leader in every aspect of the business
- Ability to build out a world-class team that drives forward the FastAF business at a rapid pace. We have an incredible opportunity and will need to expand our product offering, city coverage, and merchandising catalogue quickly
- Approach everything with a first-principles mindset and build a business that is based on our values. As a leader, you will understand why FastAF is so uniquely positioned to create an entirely new marketplace and build a business based on these values
- Ability to partner both internally and externally with stakeholders to drive the business forward
- 10+ years of work experience
- Proven ability to articulate a clear and inspiring vision
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills to be able to serve as the external voice of our brand
Darkstore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will change consumer experiences.