City Manager, New York
New York, NY /
Operations – Operations /
Who We Are
Darkstore Inc is a fast-growing urban fulfillment platform committed to revolutionizing the way products from the brands you love show up at your doorstep.
FastAF, Darkstore’s first customer-facing app, is your new local shop that brings you what you need, when you need it. Our high-growth, direct-to-consumer model is elevating the same-day delivery experience by bringing you unparalleled access to a curated selection of products from premier brands—all in 2-hours or less.
Come see why our passionate and entrepreneurial team has joined us from companies like Goop, Amazon and Glossier.
We’re looking for a Site Manager to lead a core part of our Operations team. Leveraging your experience, you’ll build the infrastructure which ensures our Darkstore is fulfilling orders accurately and on-time. You’ll lead a team to run the entire warehouse facility and will be the primary contact for all local operations. Our Site Manager will be a pivotal team leader and work directly with the leadership team to grow the business.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the receiving, warehousing and fulfillment operations at our Darkstore
- Develop and implement Darkstore policies and procedures
- Oversee the security operations at your assigned site
- Ensure the effective and safe use of all Darkstore equipment
- Ensure the safety of the entire Darkstore staff
- Maintain documentation and keep accurate records of warehouse KPIs and SLAs
- Assist with deliveries as needed
- Collaborate with your Manager and Engineering and Product teams to dive into issues with the functionality and designing of our internal product features
- Follow continuous improvement methodologies to bridge gaps in our processes
- Manage and track COGs, site operating expenses, working hours, etc
- Drive the company vision all the way down to front line employees
- Grow and foster relationships with your team and build a set of core values
- Work with the warehouse team to develop the companies core tenets
- Work with 3P labor to ensure that we meet the needs of our warehouse workers in a timely fashion
- Continue to build contingencies with 3P’s in order to be prepared for any spike in demand
- Develop a team to be able to operate the Darkstore site and meet safety targets, KPI targets, and customer experience targets
What You Bring
- 1-2 years of experience working in e-commerce customer service and 3-5 years in a management role
- Developed understanding of racking needs and product capacities
- Experience creating floor plans in spaces that will be used for storing goods
- Proven success in identifying warehouse expansion opportunities and how to increase storage capacity
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Roll up your sleeves mentality while working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bonus: Experience working in fulfillment, warehouse, delivery, or other related operational services.
Darkstore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will change consumer experiences.