Program Manager, Launch Team
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Operations /
Join a venture-backed startup that is changing the way premier brands fulfill products to their customers by offering same-day delivery capabilities nationwide. You will be a pivotal team contributor and work directly with an experienced leadership team to grow the business.
We’re looking for a Program Manager to lead our Launch team. Your objective is to create and execute on the strategy for launching our Darkstores, expanding coverage, and growing our operation. You’ll partner with Product and Marketing Teams, the Sales Team, and other Operations managers to scale support to serve our three-sided marketplace: Customers, Brands, and Darkstores. You are expected to roll up your sleeves and lead from the trenches with the team.
Our goal as an operations team is to “Always deliver, always delight.”
- Determine the launch strategy for expanding our fulfillment marketplace. (Build our network)
- Project manage and lead the execution plan to build the facilities required to support our operation. (Build our Darkstores)
- Manage and lead a team to deliver on project deliverables. (Manage a team)
- Write the SOPs and playbooks required for your role and department as we scale. (Own your role)
- Collect and analyze data to improve the efficacy of our operations. (Make our launches better and faster)
- Work collaboratively with Operations and Product teams to add to and to improve the product roadmap.
- Evaluate the input and ideas of internal teams relative to customer needs and preferences and provide learnings in a timely fashion.
- Action-oriented and calm under pressure.
- Proactive - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find someone who does. You don’t wait to be told how to solve problems.
- A master multi-tasker - you’re able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- A stickler for details - you don’t like it when things aren’t finished or resolved.
- A team player - you’re motivated by working in a team environment to overcome challenges and like interacting with people constantly.
What you bring:
- 5+ years in project management in growth-focused mobile and web environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to think on your feet and roll up your sleeves working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 2-4 years of experience working in fulfillment, warehouse, or other related operational services.
- 2-4 years of direct management experience.
- Bonus: Experience working in e-commerce.
Darkstore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will change consumer experiences.