Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Sales & Account Management – Sales & Business Development
The Big Picture
Darkstore’s mission is to make all of the world's products accessible all over the world. We are reinventing the supply chain with a technology platform and urban fulfillment network that enables brands to offer same-day and direct to consumer delivery across the US (and growing!). We are a venture backed, high growth startup looking for results orientated people to join our team!
About the Role
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for qualifying, integrating & helping win new Fortune 500 clients, alongside a team of professional Sales Executives. This role interacts with all members of the broader team, partnering with sales, client services, operations, product, engineering, and finance. The ideal candidate will ultimately be an expert in the inner workings of Darkstore's best-in-class same-day fulfillment & delivery technology, have the ability to easily guide a technical integration with clients ERP’s and commerce platforms, as well as, and display excellent communication and project management skills to launch and extend technical partnerships. An additional component of Solution Engineering at Darkstore is having strong financial acumen - leveraging financial models built by Sales Planning & Operations that enable our clients to better fund and prove business outcomes of ‘same-day’.
This position is a great career move for those with a combination of technical, financial and client-facing skills. You'll have the opportunity to make decisions that affect the trajectory of the company, and create business connections across Fortune 500 companies all while working for one of the fastest growing logistic & technology startups.
Who will love this job
- A problem solver, you ask the right questions to uncover root cause and can quickly iterate to a final, well-thought-out result.
- A collaborative teammate, you enjoy working with others and utilizing strong partnerships (internal and external) to achieve the best outcome
- An early adopter of technology and trends
- A project manager, you have the discipline and creativity to turn ideas into a project plan based on business goals and execute it in a timely manner
What you will be responsible for?
- Conducting client discovery calls with Sales Executives
- Meeting with clients to discuss their software & logistics needs Strategizing with the sales team to create customized solutions
- Drafting and delivering presentations during the sales cycle
- Own the creation of the Program “Solution Design” for all new clients (inc logistics, technical and financial)
- Designing and installing customized software and hardware solutions for the customer.
- Testing the performance of the installed system and fixing bugs.
- Providing post-installation follow-ups.
- Developing relationships and maintaining customer relations.
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries.
- Manage and coordinate client integrations with the aim of maximizing revenue
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Darkstore and our product from a technical perspective
- Drive product innovation by presenting client feedback to product teams and creating short term workarounds
- Evangelize new products and assist clients in the integration and adoption of features to help ensure long-term success of the campaign
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous work experience as a Solutions Engineer
- Familiarity with business hardware and software systemsStrong financial acumen
- High-level communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to create big-picture software solutions
- Hard working, team-oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand
- Strong diagnosis & documenting skills
- Early adopter to technology, passion and interest in technology and logistics
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other technical degree preferred