Head of Strategic Partnerships - Brands
San Francisco, CA
Sales & Account Management – Partnership Management
Darkstore is changing the way premier brands connect their products to their customers through same-day and direct to consumer delivery experiences nationwide. We are a venture-backed, high-growth company redefining commerce fulfillment.
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (www.darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any direct-to-consumer brand to offer an amazing customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 600+ urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics entrepreneurs.
About the role
The Head of Strategic Partnerships for Brands will drive Darkstore’s growth and solve business challenges at scale for existing partners - the function is core to Darkstore’s business. The person in this role will be responsible for building out the function from the ground up, working directly with partners, and developing a high performing team. They will work closely with leadership across Sales, Operations, Marketing, Product, and Finance. The cross-functional integrative nature of this role requires a leader who can both grow and sustain brand relationships through their lifecycle and build out an all-star team to continue to deeply support Darkstore’s growing list of strategic brand partners.
What You’ll Do
- Connect with Darkstore brand partners - develop strategic relationships with our partners, ensuring that we are always driving toward the same goal and aligned on expectations. You’ll set the example in interfacing directly with brands and build out a team to execute at scale.
- Grow our partnerships - through quantitative analyses, identification of opportunities and pre-emption of challenges, you and your team will clearly demonstrate the value that Darkstore is creating for our partners, enabling them to grow with us.
- Build the dynamic playbook for what effective communication content, structure, and cadence looks like for brands + Darkstore, including ongoing touchpoints and business reviews
- Drive #brandhappiness - ensure that our partners see huge value from Darkstore services and love to work with us
- Integrate cross-functionally - strategize, plan, and execute with teams across all of Darkstore to deliver the highest level experience for brands
- Partner with product and operations - the Strategic Partnerships function will represent partner requests around features and collaborate with product and ops to build business cases to prioritize product feature requests and operational priorities
- Hire, train and develop the best talent, mentoring and motivating them to reach and exceed goals
What You Bring
- 8-10+ years of experience as a leader in the Strategic Partnership/Business Development space or equivalent field. Ideal candidate has a track record of success building a partner management or related function from the ground up.
- Proven operational aptitude to build and scale in a fast-paced startup environment with consideration to platform and cross-functional implications
- Analytical prowess - you will be leveraging data at scale across partners to continuously prove the value of the partnership and drive growth and expansion
- Customer obsessed mindset - you have demonstrated experience building and growing strategic partnerships including ownership of partnership economics and performance against goals. You operate with a customer first approach.
- Experience building and managing highly effective teams against business targets with proficiency in designing and implementing partner management strategy
- Ability to inform and develop partner agreements with respect to ongoing growth and expansion - you’ll play a key role in informing growth strategy at a contractual level to foster partnerships that scale with ease from an inventory, geography, and product perspective
- Natural ability as a problem-solver with a genuine interest in listening, learning, innovating, and leading
- Ability to inspire those around you and drive a genuine culture of integrity, ownership and potential
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Access to the Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win