Logistics Partner Marketing Lead
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Operations
Darkstore is changing the way premier brands connect their products with customers through same-day and elevated delivery experiences nationwide. We are a venture backed, quickly growing company looking for an experienced Logistics Partner Marketing Lead to play a pivotal role in growing and scaling the supply side of our business.
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (www.darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 600 urban fulfillment centers across the United States.
About the Role
The Logistics Partner Marketing Lead is a key member of the Operations Team. They will be responsible for developing the marketing vision for the supply side of Darkstore’s business, building a new function from the ground up and shaping the way the Darkstore brand meets the supply chain world. This role will collaborate closely with all functions of the company to ensure Darkstore’s Partner marketing and brand strategy permeate throughout our fulfillment and delivery operations.
Darkstore is leading a major shift in the transformation of how supply chain works within the e-commerce world. Our team will look to the Logistics Partner Marketing Lead to ensure the Darkstore brand is at the center of the conversation in the logistics and supply chain world.
What You'll Do
- Develop the vision and strategy for Darkstore marketing across the logistics and supply chain space and bring it to life. You’ll execute on go-to-market, positioning, demand generation and growth strategy for our Darkstore Partner network.
- Own and execute on all logistics partner-related marketing initiatives.
- Create and lead high-impact programs to drive growth, and deepen relationships across audiences with an ROI-driven approach and a customer-centric lens.
- Be the ultimate ambassador for Darkstore Partners within the organization - creating and cultivating a deep connection between our fulfillment and delivery partners and the Darkstore brand.
- Research and evaluate Darkstore Partner growth opportunities, prioritize the most impactful projects and evaluate operational and instrumentation requirements for projects
- Be an end-to-end channel owner which includes tracking, measurement, attribution, optimization and automation across all marketing platforms for supply-chain related initiatives.
- Develop and introduce the Darkstore brand: Develop Darkstore’s positioning, marketing tone, and creative direction to build our brand within the logistics space. Make Darkstore a household name across the supply chain industry.
- Generate demand and drive growth: Enable our growing Sales and Operations teams with the content, training and analytics they need to have successful sales conversations with potential and existing fulfillment partners. You will craft effective launch communication plans including messaging and pitch. You will drive customer insights for our fulfillment and delivery partners and market validation for new products, including driving new partner traffic to our website.
- Deepen Darkstore partnerships: Develop strategy for gaining and deepening partnerships across our partner networks, and innovating on the ways in which Darkstore provides partnership in the space. You will lead the strategy and marketing for Darkstore’s annual conference, bringing these partners together to deepen our relationship with them and each other.
- Execute and leverage market research: Develop our strategy and execute on how Darkstore gathers and leverages market data to inform messaging and go-to-market strategy across audiences in the supply chain industry.
Across your work, you will:
Key areas of focus:
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years experience in B2B or small business marketing, driving exceptional results across strategic planning, messaging & positioning, content creation, sales enablement and campaign/program planning
- Recommended 2+ years experience in e-commerce space with B2B and B2C context, with the ability to build from a blank slateAbility to evaluate ROI across channels and initiatives. Very strong analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
- Proven results in growth marketing across social, digital, and programmatic media.
- Analytical and data savvy marketer. Recommended knowledge of Excel, Facebook PowerEditor (or FMP), DoubleClick Manager, or Google AdWords. SEO experience a plus.
- Skilled at turning data into insights. Comfortable diving into the data to derive insights and tell a story.
- Skilled at articulating the essence of a product and the value it creates. You can develop a meaningful messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can play the role of copywriter. You know your market, customers and competition, and you're excellent at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional integrity and high ethical standards
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
- Unlimited paid time off Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
- Access to Darkstore Wellness Director & Wellness Program
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win