Strategy & Planning Manager
San Francisco, CA
Sales – Finance and Strategy
Darkstore is changing the way premier brands connect their products with customers through same-day and elevated delivery experiences nationwide. We are a venture backed, quickly growing company looking for an experienced Chief of Staff to play a pivotal role in helping our Executive Team grow and scale the business.
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (www.darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 43 urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Orders are automatically routed to the fulfillment location that provides the lowest rate for the delivery. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics executives.
What We're Looking For
The Darkstore team is looking for a Strategy & Planning Manager to help drive and improve strategic and operational decision-making company-wide. Our team's core focus is to conduct rigorous data analysis and build analytical tools that help hack company growth. You must be passionate about data and financial reasoning, and be comfortable diving deep and making sense of an unstructured environment. You must have a deep attention to detail and think critically about the cross-functional nature of the analyses you conduct and the audience they address.
You will work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with the executive team, sales and account leads, finance leads, and engineers. You are comfortable working independently on mission-critical projects while also collaborating across teams to solicit feedback and gather insight. You must be a great communicator and fit naturally in both, sales meeting with c-level executives, and in high-level engineering discussions.
What You'll Do
- Act as an adviser to the senior management team with a focus on the Brands Team, assisting Leadership in facilitating effective decision-making
- Manage business prioritization efforts and run cost-benefit analyses to inform business priorities, resourcing, and trade-offs using both internal and external market data
- Develop analytical frameworks to track KPIs across functions, identifying and driving forward opportunities for growth and expansion
- Coordinate and manage the execution of strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for the project management of discreet projects and initiatives, in line with the company goals and priorities.
- Research and compile analyses and briefing documents in preparation for strategic meetings including with executives, investors and the board
- Support brands decision-making by building reporting tools that are cross-functionally utilized and accurate
- Support operational and logistics decision-making by analyzing inventory data (turnover, aging, etc.) and developing strategic recommendations for the business
What You'll Bring
- BA / BS degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in operations, strategy, consulting, or an equivalent field, having worked directly with the C-Suite on a regular basis
- Ideal candidate has experience in the following areas: planning & process, product and/or financial planning, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Excellent quantitative skills, and utilization of data to inform decision-making
- Excellent proficiency in excel, experience with SQL, R, Python strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and insight to anticipate needs, comfortable with diving into any area of the business or product, understanding business needs, and facilitating executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal skills