Customer Support Lead - NY
New York, NY /
Operations – Operations /
Darkstore is changing the way premier brands connect their products with customers through same-day delivery and elevated delivery experiences nationwide. We are a venture-backed, quickly growing company looking for an experienced Customer Support person to play a pivotal role in growing and scaling the business.
As a Customer Support Lead, you will manage the day to day customer interactions that ensures every customer who comes in contact with Darkstore will receive the best experience possible. An ideal candidate is a person who is detail-oriented and has the ability to delight others while also getting measurable operational results.
This role will be engaged in providing assistance to customers on issue identification and resolution. As a Lead, this position has room for growth as a people leader and will act as one of the main escalation points for tickets and our brands to ensure that all customer interactions are world-class.
*This job will require evening and weekend hours*
What you'll do:
- Drive successful experiences for our customers with strategic planning, the achievement of milestones, and relationship building.
- Build and maintain valued relationships with customers to ultimately drive revenue, retention, and referralsCollaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations
- Recommend product and process improvements where you see areas we can be better
- Uphold all Customer support metrics, processes, workflow and reporting leveraging existing systems and applications to meet strict SLAs
- Manage incidents through the entire lifecycle: Identification, Logging, categorization, prioritization, diagnostic, escalation, resolution, and closure.
- Prioritize and respond to multiple rapid-fire text messages, Slack messages, phone calls, and emails during live support daily.
- Learn and use our various communication channels to interact with delivery partners and Darkstore locations.
- Collect and record problems and events that provide more context and insight that’s not already being captured in our API
- Build strong relationships with our Darkstore Locations as their primary point of contact.
- Become familiar with the flow of business and build on your experience each week to provide faster, more helpful answers to help in real-time
- Reach out to fulfillment center Partners and Delivery Partners to proactively communicate on special events such as brand and product launches.
- Crisp, direct and clear in your verbal and written communication
- Empathetic- You know how to deliver world-class customer service
- Action-oriented and calm under pressure - you’re great in an emergency, and know how to deescalate a problem- if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find someone who does.
- Proactive - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find someone who does. You don’t wait to be told how to solve problems.
- A master multi-tasker - you’re able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- A stickler for details - you don’t like it when things aren’t finished or resolved.
- A helper by nature - you like to make people happy.
- A problem solver - you get a jolt of energy every time you ‘figure out the answer’.
- A natural leader - you’re motivated by working with a team and developing their skills.
- Curious - you like to understand how things work.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Customer support experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to think on your feet and roll up your sleeves working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bonus: Experience working in order fulfillment and delivery.
- Bonus: Experience working in e-commerce customer service.