Head of People
San Francisco, CA
People – People Operations
Darkstore is changing the way premier brands connect their products with customers through same-day and elevated delivery experiences nationwide. We are a venture backed, quickly growing company looking for an experienced Chief of Staff to play a pivotal role in helping our Executive Team grow and scale the business.
Founded in 2017, Darkstore (www.darkstore.com) recognized the market’s insatiable appetite for super fast delivery, so we built an end to end solution that enables any brand to offer an amazing direct to consumer customer experience with no capital investment. Darkstore has developed a technology platform that allows brands to offer same-day or standard fulfillment and delivery out of 43 urban fulfillment centers across the United States, all with just a single line of code. Orders are automatically routed to the fulfillment location that provides the lowest rate for the delivery. Darkstore’s management team is comprised of experienced technology and logistics executives.
What We’re Looking For
As Darkstore grows, we are looking for an amazing Head of People to build and lead the company’s People and Recruiting functions from the ground up. We are looking for a superstar to drive forward hiring and team growth efforts, and help build an incredible team. As Head of People, you’ll work closely with Darkstore’s leaders to define and implement our talent strategy, maintain a pipeline of top talent and create a consistent candidate experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is always on the hunt for awesome talent.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process for Darkstore, from first touch to final offer
- Execute outbound search for key positions across all experience levels. Create a process and program for outbound search that can scale as the company grows.
- Develop multiple sourcing channels creating sourcing strategies that result in a robust pipeline of the best talent for our jobs
- Create job descriptions in partnership with hiring managers, negotiating compensation packages and closing candidates
- Develop Darkstore candidate value proposition and brand marketing message and strategy for prospects
- Establish screening methods to ensure only the highest quality candidates progress through our evaluation, including development of fit and technical exercise to screen potential candidates
- Stay on top of trends in the industry and use your insights to build and adapt Darkstore's strategy and practices
- Manage our applicant tracking system (Lever) and leverage data to keep your hiring managers updated on recruiting and hiring performance
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience at a high growth tech startup
- Success in hiring both non-technical and technical talent in a highly competitive market through the full cycle
- A proven track record of implementing strategic recruiting practices
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and great follow-through on tasks
- A demonstrated ability to relentlessly prioritize and self-manage against tight timelines and high expectations
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary and unlimited PTO (you manage your work)
- Equity in the form of Incentive Stock Options
- 100% of Health/Dental/Vision Insurances Premiums covered by Darkstore
- An array of perks and benefits, including pre-tax commuter benefits
- In-office workout and mindfulness facilities
- All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- A collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win