Sr. Manager Compliance (template)
Portfolio Operations /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, and Austin.
Darwin Homes is growing fast and we're looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and passionate Senior Compliance Manager to join our team. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Darwin through new and different phases.
What You'll Do
- Serve as your client POD’s resident expert on all eviction, registration, violation, and legal matters related to your assigned client portfolio
- Ensure all violations are resolved quickly and that any required registrations are completed by their associated deadlines
- Act as liaison between HOAs and the Owner/ResidentsProcess Rental/Vacant Property Registrations with the appropriate jurisdiction(s), including coordinating any required inspections
- Collect data on all Locality & HOA compliance requirements at the point of onboarding of the home, including but not limited to resident, rental, vacant registration, city/county code enforcement, HOA CC&R, and HOA dues/assessments
- Manage and support assigned personnel
- Oversee eviction and illegal occupant-related matters within the client POD
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by POD or company leadership
What You'll Have
- 10+ years of property management experience
- Familiarity with HOA, Locality, and Eviction processes and requirements
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends on occasion
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technology; competency in MS Office, Google Suites, Slack
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work in a cross-functional manner
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws as well as State and local specific landlord-tenant laws
- Understanding of Real Estate laws, regulations, and codes at the Federal, State, and local level
- Understanding of Privacy Laws, Habitability Laws, Accessibility/ADA Laws
- Understanding of Lease Termination/Eviction/Notice requirementsBachelor’s degree preferred
$80,000 - $125,000 a year