About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved. Darwin was built to make resident’s and owner’s lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York and Austin.
As a member of Darwin's product management team, you will lead the development of an ecosystem of products that are changing the way we invest and rent single-family homes today. You will own and lead one of our internal product pods allowing you to develop a deep empathy and understanding of a specific set of users and their problems (Owners, residents, vendors, property managers).
Who You Are
- Loves Darwin's mission of modernizing the antiquated experience of investing and renting
- Thrives while leading in a fast-paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order. People look to you for guidance when faced with challenges.
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- Has high dynamic range. You are able to see the big picture but comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- Loves great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- Shows confidence and humility. You’re able to make fast decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as it’s needed.
- Is able to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals. You naturally communicate context and you demonstrate strong reasoning behind decisions.
What You'll Do
- Work with your engineering, design and ops partners to establish a roadmap and shared set of priorities across the team and the company
- Be responsible for accelerating the growth and engagement of Darwin's business units.
- Own and monitor product-level KPIs, iterating post-launch to drive greater impact
- Document decisions to allow for broader company learning and iteration opportunities
What You've Have
- At least 3+ years of product management experience ideally at a B2B business.
- Analytical and data-driven. Motivated to measure impact using both metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Excellent verbal communicator and writer. Understands the need for documentation to drive alignment and a shared understanding across teams.
- Prior real estate, and property management experience (recommended)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, and product managers to success.
- A track record of delivering great user experiences that lead to great business results.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Location: Hybrid, Austin office commitment 3x/week