Product Operations - Director
Portfolio Operations /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes is backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital.
Product Operations is a highly cross-functional role that spearheads key initiatives across operations, product, compliance, support, and other relevant teams. The team delivers objective analysis, insights, strategy, and execution for mission-critical efforts.
1. Problem Identification/Understanding
Identify and understand operational issues that hinder Darwin from consistently delivering value and superior experiences to our operators, residents, clients, and vendors.
Prioritize problems based on Darwin’s strategic priorities, user impact, and risk.
Develop a strategy to address prioritized problems through improvements in process (SOP), product (both 3rd party and Darwin’s own), and personnel (hiring and training).
Ensure flawless execution by cross-functional teams through effective resource allocation, clear and consistent expectation setting, and stakeholder management.
Drive awareness, education, and adoption of new solutions through training sessions, documentation, and ongoing support.
What You'll Do:
- Build strong relationships with team members across the organization to influence outcomes and maintain project momentum.
- Identify and understand operational issues that hinder Darwin from consistently delivering value and superior experiences to our operators, residents, clients, and vendors.
- Help identify and define problems and process breakdown, and propose and drive solutions end-to-end, across teams
- Drive product quality discovery, own enablement work streams, and quarterback launch readiness for area(s) of support
- Contribute to company and team strategy by directly connecting your focus area to business goals
- Make data-driven recommendations to inform product improvements and roadmap prioritization
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert to facilitate and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Have:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience; product operations, project management, or consulting experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate SQL experience required
- Strong analytical skills that can navigate large, complex data sets and develop useful insights for the business
- Superb project management that can manage multiple work streams
- Strategic problem solver with excellent business judgment and strong product intuition
- Prior experience in real estate or proptech
$150,000 - $200,000 a year