Leasing Associate (template)
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 50+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, and Austin.
The position of Leasing Associate is a contract-permanent position with the potential to convert to a full-time W2 employee after 60 days of continuous employment with Darwin Homes.
Darwin Homes is growing fast and we're looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and passionate Leasing Associate to join our team. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Darwin through new and different phases.
The Leasing Associate is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for prospective and future tenants inquiring, viewing, and applying for Darwin’s inventory of homes. You will have control over the entire lifecycle of the prospective tenant lifecycle, from inquiry, tour, and application to lease signing. This is a sales-based, heavily commissioned role, you are the face of Darwin to prospective tenants, and play a critical touchpoint through this high-touch phase of their lifecycle.
What You'll Do
- Be the face of Darwin, engage with prospective residents, and drive sales
- Answer questions, qualify, and sell the property’s features to prospective residents
- Manage the leasing and application process for prospective residents
- Understand the prospect’s needs and create an urgency to apply for listed homes
- Resolve difficult situations while nurturing prospect relationships
- Manage your leads and sales funnel, and update logs and trackers as necessary
- Be an expert on your assigned market and be able to represent it virtually
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Have
- Proven record of success in a fast-paced and high-pressure sales environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills (live and in writing)
- Active Real Estate sales license with the ability to be sponsored by Darwin
- Property management experience in either single-family or multi-family rentals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, and high-growth environment
- Ability to set and meet goals and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work on-site during community hours
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, or a related field preferred
$40,000 - $125,000 a year
Candidates for this position must live in the referenced geographic area.