VP, Portfolio Operations
POD A1 /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved. Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour, and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 50+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, and Austin.
On which team within Darwin will this role be hosted?
The VP, Portfolio Operations (VPO) will act in a General Management capacity, leading a cross-functional team of real estate professionals dedicated to maximizing the performance of a specific institutional client’s portfolio.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the general manager of your assigned POD and the owner of the associated client relationship
- Oversee cross-functional POD operations
- Manage all personnel assigned to your POD, drive performance, and ensure SOPs are followed and SLAs and task management deadlines are met
- Review and lead all client-facing presentations
- Analyze performance and drive operational improvement
- Generate and present reports to clients and company leadership
- Such other duties as may be assigned
How You’ll Be Evaluated
- Client KPIs and contract-based agreements, including but not limited to P&L performance, NOI Margin, GPR Percentage, Leasing & Renewal Targets, Client CSATs
- Client retention and account growth
- Your ability to manage priorities, use feedback to improve team performance, remove obstacles and resolve conflicts, and build relationships of trust
- Clarity and effectiveness of written and verbal communication
- Cross-collaboration talents and ability to direct, supervise, support, and develop your team through hiring, training, counseling, and coaching
What You'll Have
- Prior exposure to the real estate industry (single or multi-family, preferred)
- Account/client relationship management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Foundational understanding of finance and accounting10 or more years of work experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to executives
- Bachelor's degree; no preferences with respect to the focus of study
- Graduate degree; MBA or MS in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Consulting or investment banking experience preferred
$175,000 - $250,000 a year