Accounts Payable Supervisor (template)
Property Accounting /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour, and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, and Austin.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is a hands-on role, responsible for overseeing all activities in the accounts payable function, ensuring proper record keeping, developing best practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close AP tasks and reports. The Accounts Payable Supervisor will ensure that department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets. As an important process owner and contributor, will work to foster and maintain positive, effective, and efficient working relationships aligned with the culture, mission, and vision of the company within the accounting department and across the company. We are looking for a strong team player with a process improvement mindset to help us become more efficient.
What You'll Do
- Assure timely payment of all Property Management invoices within appropriate payment terms. The goal is to pay vendors within 14 days of an approved invoice.
- Supervise a remote AP team (employees and contractors) to ensure tasks are addressed efficiently while developing AP skills and promoting the Darwin culture.
- Ensure accurate accounting coding for expenses and cost centers, providing clear guidance to staff.
- Work inter-departmentally to streamline A/P processes and strengthen internal controls. Work cross-functionally to provide feedback and make changes to the Darwin platform as it relates to payment operations.
- Assist in monthly accounting close process; ensure timely delivery of AP Aging reports and analysis.
- Promptly respond to escalated issues arising from vendors, internal staff, clients, etc.
- Develop and maintain training videos and SOP documentation to ensure proper and consistent execution of AP procedures.
- Manage the monthly investor bill back process, ensuring all credit cards and reimbursements are charged appropriately to investors.
- Ensure the 1099s are filed accurately within the IRS deadlines.
- Assist with tasks and projects as needed.
- Overall day-to-day team leadership, keeping management updated on any issues or blockers in daily operations.
What You'll Have
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a property management or real estate environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to manage priorities and workflow efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle escalated issues/concerns calmly and professionally.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities; must be resourceful and innovative.
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to professionally interact with vendors, clients, colleagues, auditors, lenders, etc. Superb customer service is integral for the success of this position.
$65,000 - $85,000 a year