Associate Director, Portfolio Operations
Portfolio Operations /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved. Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 50+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York and Austin.
The Role Objective
This role is within the company’s Portfolio Operations Department. You will serve as the assistant director of an assigned institutional client account. The account will be comprised of one or more portfolios of single family homes and supported by a robust, diversified team of functional specialists.
What You'll Do
- Direct, support & supervise personnel assigned to your client team or “POD”
- Oversee cross-functional POD operations
- Analyze performance and drive performance improvement
- Generate and present reports to clients and company leadership
- Lead your assigned POD in the absence of the POD’s VPO
- Support the management of an assigned institutional client relationship
- Such other duties as may be assigned
How You'll Be Evaluated
- Client satisfaction scores (external assessment)
- Client retention and account expansion
- POD satisfaction scores (internal assessment of your leadership abilities)
- Operational and financial performance of your assigned portfolio
What You'll Have
- Prior exposure to the real estate industry (single or multi-family, preferred)
- Account/client relationship management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Foundational understanding of finance and accounting5 or more years of work experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to executives
- Bachelors degree; no preferences with respect to the focus of study
- Graduate degree; MBA or MS in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Consulting or investment banking experience preferred
$100,000 - $150,000 a year