Field Services Specialist (MCO)
Home Services /
About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents' and owners' lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism. Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses.
Darwin Homes was backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital (Khosla, Fifth Wall) and was acquired by Pagaya Technologies, a publicly traded company, in early 2023. Pagaya is an AI/ML data technology company with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, and Austin.
Darwin Homes is growing fast and we're looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and passionate Field Services Specialist to join our team. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Darwin through new and different phases.
What You'll Do
- Provide excellent service to our residents
- Perform inspections of properties and individual units, identifying issues and recommending action plans
- Complete property scopes, identifying a scope of work to be performed for turnover operations
- Perform lightweight maintenance in individual units, common areas and amenity areas of the properties, including preventative maintenance and some upkeep.
- Assist and coordinate with specialists (HVAC, plumbing, electricity, etc.) in diagnosing and repairing the problem
- Complete task requests in a timely manner and as efficiently as directed
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins
- Post legal notices to doors and handle basic customer service for residents at properties
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Have
- You will reside in the designated market
- High school diploma (or GED), or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation (ideally a van or pickup truck)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail - “always be inspecting” mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and efficiently manage one’s schedule
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling, and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively independently, and as a member of various teams and committees
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed
$45,000 - $75,000 a year
Field Services Specialists are paid by the hour and receive a set wage for their time that is based on the referenced salary range.