Operations – Other
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
We are looking for a global all-rounder on Microsoft, with an edge to Microsoft 365 to join our team focussing on technical excellence, customer ownership and the delivery of professional, consistent and quality service to our customers
What you’ll do:
· Providing technical solutions from design phase through to implementation (you will be involved in whole life cycle) within a Microsoft architecture.
· Identify opportunities to introduce process improvement, including the automation of operational activities.
· Producing and peer reviewing technical documentation
The role would suit someone keen to take the next step in their career. We’re after people who exude common sense and professionalism, team player, ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, an ability to be self-managing and proactive, and who can demonstrate exceptional problem-solving abilities and a passion for learning. We are looking for a real “can-do” attitude and the enthusiasm to contribute to the team. You will work within a team of professionals and be offered a diverse portfolio of work, so there is plenty of opportunity for you to progress.
We are keen to hear from people who can offer:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience
- Ability and willingness to be self-managing and proactive
- Experience with change, problem, and incident management within complex IT environments
- Strong awareness of risk and security management
- Strong analytical, administration, problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Technical report writing capability and experience
- Experience developing and enforcing security and best practices policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to mentor other people within the team and wider Datacom, providing technical guidance on projects
- A commitment to training, up-skilling and professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence stakeholders at all levels towards strategic outcomes.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Most importantly, a real team player, bringing enthusiasm and passion with you for the technology sector.
We are looking for a combination of the following technical experience/skills:
- Solution Architecture experience
- Current implementation experience in an enterprise environment
- Excellent technical capability across a wide range of technologies, including:
o Windows Desktop operating systems and Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server
o Office 365
o Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD
o Azure Cloud services with advanced knowledge in Exchange Online
o Exchange 2010/2016
o Group Policy
o Windows Defender ATP
o VPN and Direct Access
o Some networking knowledge, firewall rules/policies, load balancing, VLANs
o Skype for Business (on-premise)
o Powershell scripting, VB script
- Experience with ITIL framework
Why you want to join us
At Datacom we believe that doing good, is good for business. We’ve maintained our local family feel whilst expanding globally, across Australia, ASIA, US and the UK. Our brand and reputation depend on ‘proving the promise’ and we aspire to be the trusted advisor for our customers across Government and the private sector from enterprise scale to regional business. We offer our staff a competitive salary package, fantastic perks and benefits like healthcare, life insurance, discounts at local retailers and a supportive, flexible working environment. If you want to join a company making a difference, apply now!
A fantastic opportunity to join a team that is creating a new enterprise scale software product for the NZ and AU market. Be part of a tight-knit product team in the midst of an incredibly exciting time as we go live with first customers and then take on the challenge of serious scale across NZ, Australia and eventually beyond. All this backed by NZ’s largest privately owned IT firm, Datacom.