Data & Analytics Support Analyst
Shared Services – Group Finance
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
This role is responsible for the business facing technical support of core BI technologies covering SSIS, SQL DB, SSAS, MDS and Power BI solutions for the Group Data & Analytics team in Auckland. The role demands proven hands on experience in the following technologies: SSIS, SQL, MDS, DAX and Power BI.
The role will provide a BAU support interface into the Group Data team for troubleshooting, fixing, training and education of the solution(s) to the business.
· Provides technical guidance and support to the development team in resolving incidents, problems and implementing change requests in the solution developed using SSIS, SQL DB, MDS and Power BI.
· Perform end to end solution analysis proactively to identify areas for improvements to achieve system stability, to automate processes etc to drive business value
· Perform hands on to fix incidents/problems and implement enhancements to the SSIS, MDS and Power BI applications following Group standards and best practices
· Support and monitor overnight ETL processing and SSAS processing
· Work closely with the business to understand their processes to recommend technical solutions to support their processes
What you’ll bring
· Good hands on experience and sound knowledge in SSIS, SSAS, MDS, Power BI and SQL DB
· Have good knowledge on SSIS, MDS, Power BI to develop data models, interactive reports and dashboards for visual insights.
· Should be able to guide/train customers on the Power BI features and feasibilities
· Working knowledge in data transfer/sync frameworks, reporting frameworks, relational database development and performance tuning skills on large enterprise systems
· Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
· Have demonstrable experience on using best practices and principles in business intelligence applications and platforms.
· Knowledge of ITIL support processes
· Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of incident, problem, change management and service transition
· Readiness to provide out-of-hours support if required and pro-actively monitor operations during out-of-office hours and intervene if monitoring reveals issues
Why you want to join us
At Datacom we believe that doing good, is good for business. We’ve maintained our local family feel whilst expanding globally, across Australia, ASIA, US and the UK. Our brand and reputation depend on ‘proving the promise’ and we aspire to be the trusted advisor for our customers across Government and the private sector from enterprise scale to regional business. We offer our staff a competitive salary package, fantastic perks and benefits like healthcare, life insurance, discounts at local retailers and a supportive, flexible working environment. If you want to join a company making a difference, apply now!
This role is responsible for the business facing technical support of core BI technologies covering SSIS, SQL DB, SSAS, MDS and Power BI solutions for the Group Data & Analytics team in Auckland.