Data Migration Analyst – Melbourne
Operations – Other
Data Migration Analyst – Melbourne
Kaizen Project Team - 1 year fixed term
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Our team - What is Kaizen?
The Kaizen solution, is Datacom’s Group-wide initiative to deliver an improved set of internal business functions by standardising and automating core systems and processes. By introducing three new core cloud based systems (Salesforce, NetSuite and OpenAir), the Kaizen solution will simplify and automate internal business processes in every part of Datacom, utilise common data structures, and provide the company with a single version of the truth that will help Datacom make reliable, data-guided decisions.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
There is loads of variety in this role. Along with the information and data gathering etc. you will need to form strong relationships internally with the team, our Service Delivery/Account management teams and also with Senior Leaders.
As a Data Migration Analyst you’ll plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data! While, utilising existing data templates and stated requirements, you’ll work with the business data owners to accumulate and format data appropriately for upload into the new applications based upon NetSuite and OpenAir. The core data requirements are primarily Contract and Project related in a service delivery environment, however this may extend into other areas as required.
What you’ll do
· Work to collect all data required to complete the data migration of Service Delivery Contracts.
· Confirm with the Subject Matter Experts the data accuracy, completeness and quality
· Have clear and unambiguous data definitions from the Data Owner or through subject matter expertise
· Ensure no data duplicates, overlaps or inconsistencies in data exist.
· Be responsible for flagging unused data for removal or archival
· Ensure Data is being used consistently, is fit for purpose
· Ensure Data has adequate documentation on appropriate usage and notes
· Documents the origin and sources of authority on each metadata element
· Be responsible for testing and verifying data after migration or change
· Hold accountability for defining data quality and data security requirements
· ADHOC Reporting
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role it is essential that you combine your passion for data and information with your relationship and communication skills. You’ll have an ITIL v3 certification along with another IT related certification.
We are keen to hear about your understanding of MSAs, Contracts and schedules, along with Service Catalogues. You will have had exposure to Service Delivery/Account Management fundamentals also.
Working with Data, you will have strong problem-solving skills, your attention to detail and accuracy will be outstanding and you will have a methodical and logical approach to your work.
If you like working with Data and this sounds like a challenge that interests you then please apply online.