Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack, Web)
San Francisco, California
DataFox is looking for a data-driven, full-stack Senior Software Engineer who can take initiative and think creatively to build and maintain our enterprise product. You will work on our user experience from web application to API to Chrome Extension to integrations in order to extend DataFox’s leadership in automating the grunt work it takes to make business decisions.
We’re an inclusive team of a dozen highly-collaborative, empathetic, and diverse engineers. We’re passionate about utilizing data to automate grunt-work, and value both hard work and humility. As a start-up, we know how to balance using existing approaches, with taking risks to find the right tools to solve problems. We're a close-knit skulk (a group of foxes!) but we also have lives outside of work.
Check out our values and learn more about our Engineering team through our Key Values profile.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- You’ll work as a team with PMs and Design to tackle open-ended UX problems and delight our customers.
- You'll tackle difficult technical challenges such as searching across terabytes of disjoint, unstructured data in an intuitive interface.
- You will instrument user analytics and make data-driven decisions about our features.
- You will jump on customer calls with Customer Success and Sales to gain empathy for our customers and see how your projects are used.
- You'll be a mentor and source of learning for less-experienced engineers - though you'll also continue to learn from everyone else.
- You'll handle Dev Ops. Here at DataFox, engineers deploy and maintain production code!
- You'll contribute experience in tools and languages such as NodeJS, Python, SpaCy, Solr, Airflow, Redis, and Ansible.
Are you our next Fox?
- You've gained at least 5+ years work experience as a professional software engineer.
- You write clean, modular code that is performant and secure.
- You have experience with a modern web stack (such as Rails, Django, MEAN, LAMP).
- You have experience on a modern frontend framework like React, Ember, Vue or Angular.
- You have built and maintained complex user interfaces.
- You have designed database schemas for scale.
- You take risks and move fast!
- You balance using existing approaches with new solutions to find the right tool for the job.
Bonus Fox Points:
- You have experience mentoring team members.
- You've gained DevOps experience.
- You have experience with Node.js, MongoDB, Ember.js or ML/NLP.
We’re an ambitious, venture-funded team who has grown almost 3x in the last 2 years. We’re both passionate and data-driven, and we truly live our values - we hire for them, too. We’ve been recognized for our authentically positive and inclusive company culture by Glassdoor and Inc Magazine, with specific recognition for our approach to diversity in the workplace by Awaken.
We’re proudly building a platform that enables our customers to be more strategic, and helps them solve hard problems as they scale. We truly believe our teammates and customers are some of the brightest in the world - with customers including hundreds of top financial firms and technology companies relying on our data for their sales, marketing, and investment strategies.
Ultimately, we care about empowering our team members to succeed, to helping each other grow, and to delighting our customers. We think these are the most exciting parts - but our beautiful office in SoMA (San Francisco) and company perks (flexible hours, daily meals, full benefits, 401k program, education fund, employee initiative groups, gym memberships, etc) definitely don’t hurt. We empathize with our team and we care about what’s important to you.
The market opportunity is huge here. We’re excited by what we’ve built so far, but still have a lot to do - we need talented, dedicated team members to drive growth and support our vision. We’d love to have you onboard!