Product Designer - Hybrid Graphic/Visual/UX
San Francisco, CA
DataGrail provides businesses and consumers with transparency into their data. In today’s ever-changing data privacy environment, individuals expect visibility into how their data is used, processed, and sold.
In order to remain competitive, businesses invested in software, resulting in an explosion of systems managing and processing personal data. These systems, particularly in the sales, marketing, and adjacent spaces, were not built to be compliant. We solve this problem. ⚡️
$4.2M raised. Built and backed by executives and founders at DocuSign, MuleSoft, Twilio, Cloudera, Oracle, Salesforce.com, HP Labs, Facebook and Quantcast.
DataGrail is seeking a designer who will drive the vision and direction of our efforts across our marketing site and web application. This is our first design hire and will define the experiences, functionality, and branding across the DataGrail website and within the product.
You are a multidisciplinary designer, taking projects from concept to execution across a wide range of disciplines and target audiences.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to develop digital user acquisition campaigns (display ads, social ads, etc) and presentations that communicate features and benefits of DataGrail in compelling ways
- Create presentation materials and templates (PowerPoint/Google Slides) for campaigns, sales and leadership keynotes
- Lead by example the design for our products
- Organize research and product information into coherent user flows, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, visual design mocks and specifications for dev to build.
- Work closely with engineers and partners to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant
- Drive component based / UI patterns design and development
- Work closely with other teams including product, engineering, QA, and customer success.
Ideally you have:
- 3-5+ years professional experience
- Ability to deliver around all aspects of a project from concept to launch
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- A deep understanding of component based product design or UI patterns
- An understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Expert skills in the common design and prototyping tools such as: Sketch, Marvel, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Pixate, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of graphic design and information design skills, such as presentations, concept sketches, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI designs for web and mobile. Examples of visual and UI mastery, including methodology and production assets are encouraged.
- Your salary will be in the 90th+ percentile at startups this early, we believe in paying well
- You’ll get free lunch, health coverage, commuter benefits, and all the essentials
- Flexible vacation, 2 weeks mandatory