Technical Solutions Engineer
San Francisco, CA
DataGrail provides businesses and consumers with transparency into their data. In today’s ever-changing data privacy environment, individuals expect visibility into how their data is used, processed, and sold.
In order to remain competitive, businesses invested in software, resulting in an explosion of systems managing and processing personal data. These systems, particularly in the sales, marketing, and adjacent spaces, were not built to be compliant. We solve this problem. ⚡️
$9.2M raised. Built and backed by executives and founders at DocuSign, MuleSoft, Twilio, Cloudera, Oracle, Salesforce.com, HP Labs, Facebook and Quantcast.
Who are you?
* Background in leading technical onboarding for new clients and proven track record of converting new clients into long-term customers
* Aptitude to speak with high-level legal, security, & data protection professionals
* Highly motivated and sharp-minded individual who can help identify data ethics issues and provide solutions to businesses establishing their privacy programs
* Effectively communicate technical methodologies and identify patterns in customer experiences
* Whether it be within the office or with customers, you are compassionate and kind but also speak plainly
What are you responsible for?
- Technical point of contact for large customer onboarding
- Understand customer business operations regarding data flows and privacy program in order to provide clear next steps to DataGrail Engineering teams to support customer implementation
- Develop a deep understanding of customers' continual privacy drivers, long/short-term goals, and steer product activities to align with those data initiatives
- Owning the customer on-boarding, training, support and technical enablement function
- Reduce resolution time for support issues, and directly represent the voice of the customer
- Execute calls, meetings, presentations with multiple stakeholders to build and grow relationships
- Achieve engagement, satisfaction, time to value, and growth targets
- 3-5+ years in technical applications; comfortable speaking about the following a plus: Data Lakes, Spark & Hadoops, data source components: HDFS, Redshift, Athena, EMR, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Previous experience in working with high-level technical end-users
- Highly consultative with savvy business acumen
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and delivering results in a rapid-growth environment
- Strong communicator who can give a stellar presentation and write an eloquent e-mail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize complex projects without being frazzled
- You’ll get free lunch, health coverage, stock options, commuter benefits, and all the essentials
- Optional work from home Wednesdays
- Unlimited vacation policy, 2 weeks mandatory
- We encourage self-development through mentorship, conferences, seminars, and more - ideas always welcome!
- And unlimited time to pet Elvis, our distinguished four-legged colleague