Technical Sales Engineer - Singapore
Sales – Sales Engineering
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for an experienced data science specialist to join as a Sales Engineer based in Singapore, supporting our growth in Asiaa. We’re looking for someone who can express passion about data science, and communicate this passion to our customers. This role consists in supporting Dataiku’s presales efforts along the following three categories:
Building Interest in Dataiku
• Positioning the value of our technology in front of prospective clients
• Building and delivering demonstrations of the project, on data and use cases relevant to the prospect, and to their specific circumstances
Building Solutions in Dataiku
Sales Engineers are the primary builders of solutions that match the customer’s needs with the capabilities of our technology, which require...
• Knowledge of adjacent technologies in the Big Data and Analytics space
• Knowledge of competing analytics and data science platforms and their respective strengths and weaknesses
• The ability to communicate the capabilities of Dataiku's technology in great depth
• Skill at conveying the value at which Dataiku's technology has delivered to other customers through in-depth knowledge of use cases and user stories
Building Evaluations of Dataiku
The Sales Engineer supports prospective clients that wish to evaluate our technology by...
• Structuring evaluations by identifying the core capabilities that need to be tested, and defining the most efficient way for them to be tested
• Building the evaluation project plan, with detailed timelines and responsibilities
• Marshaling the necessary resources from within Dataiku and the client organization in order to ensure that the evaluation progresses efficiently
• Monitoring and ensuring that the evaluation goes to plan, and addressing any issues that may come up during the evaluation
Dataiku is a young company with great momentum and at this phase of very rapid growth, the Sales Engineer is likely to work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering, as well as be a key player in supporting Dataiku's strategy in Asia.
- Work with multiple Account Executives & partners to support opportunity qualification process
- Direct presentations to prospective customers and partners using knowledge of industry trends and standards and common industry challenges coupled with Dataiku solution knowledge
- Prepare the technical responses during the RFP and RFI process
- Drive the process of delivering high-quality product and architecture presentations and demonstrations
- Configure the Dataiku product and demonstrate advanced product concepts
- Train partners and customers on products and features and assist in implementation of the product.
- Customize and present Customer Presentations for every Customer/Industry/Role
- Ensure to follow up on problems and process independently related to solutions engineering whatever in pre-sale or implementation capacity ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Lead validation and implementation of technical requirements with customers ensuring smooth deployment of solution, working with the R&D & Operations. Assist account teams in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Represent Dataiku as a general industry Subject Matter Expert Travel to customer sites across the US
- 3+ years direct experience in Data Science and Analytics
- Experience in complex / large-scale enterprise analytics deployment
- Experience in Python and/or R
- Familiarity with data storage and computing infrastructure for data of all sizes (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, on-premise, and cloud)
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries and techniques
- Experience with visualization and dashboarding solutions
- Great communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to promote our software through smart blog posts, meet-ups and speaker engagements
- Ability to travel 10 to 40%
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.