Marketing – User Advocacy
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for a skilled Multimedia Designer to join the growing User Advocacy team. In this role, you will be a valuable contributor during all stages of creative development—from brainstorming and conceptualizing to executing and delivering original multimedia content for the web, eLearning modules, presentations, interactive displays, exhibits and promotional assets. Your role will be vital in supporting our mission of growing a happy, passionate and engaged user base as well as ambassadors, through graphic design, video, motion graphics, photography, audio, and other interactive media.
- Create polished, eye-catching channel-appropriate content
- Create digital images for user interfaces, animations, videos, eLearning modules and print
- Partner with members of the Learning team and Community Managers to design and develop effective, custom multimedia content.
- Integrate audio, graphics, animation and video into presentations for multimedia presentations.
- Produce videos such as how-to’s, release features, interviews, and fun web series.
- Edit and digitally manipulate transferred audio/video files.
- Analyze objectives to develop designs that meet projects’ needs and are intuitive for end users.
- Help to establish and document user interface design standards
- Translate technical and non-technical requirements into prototypes, screen flows and page layouts
- Utilizes best practices and standards to guide design, usability and accessibility of all assigned development projects.
- Collaborate with marketing and other teams to create appropriate visual, textual and animated elements of projects as well as prepares artwork and media for final approval and distribution.
- Research technology and interaction design trends
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, communications or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years multimedia design experience inclusive of graphic, web, video and photo.
- High degree of creativity and proven problem-solving ability
- Through understanding of design systems and concepts, user experience, web and mobile design
- High level of proficiency in graphic, web and multimedia software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Development knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration and verbal and written communication
- Ability to take direction and execute against it with little assistance, as well as work independently to generate new multimedia content.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated facility with time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking with strict adherence to deadlines
- Detail oriented with an acute sense of website aesthetics and usability
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.