Remote, Netherlands /
Engineering – Engineering /
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 850 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Dataiku is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to join its Field Engineering Team to support the deployment of its Enterprise AI Platform (Dataiku DSS) to an ever growing customer base.
As a Cloud Architect, you’ll work with customers at every stage of their relationship with Dataiku - from the initial evaluations to enterprise-wide deployments. In this role, you will help customers to design, build and run their Data Science and AI Enterprise Platforms.
This role requires adaptability, inventiveness, and strong communication skills. Sometimes you will work with clients on traditional big data technologies such as SQL data warehouses and on-premise Hadoop data lakes, while at other times you will be helping them to discover and implement the most cutting edge tools; Spark on Kubernetes, cloud-based elastic compute engines, and GPUs. If you are interested in staying at the bleeding edge of big data and AI while maintaining a strong working knowledge of existing enterprise systems, this will be a great fit for you.
The position is based in Amsterdam and can be considered in remote.
- Evangelize the challenges of building Enterprise Data Science Platforms to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand customer requirements in terms of scalability, availability and security and provide architecture recommendations
- Deploy Dataiku DSS in a large variety of technical environments (on prem/cloud, hadoop, kubernetes, spark, …)
- Design and build reference architectures, howtos, scripts and various helpers to make the deployment and maintenance of Dataiku DSS smooth and easy
- Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of the data science ecosystem components in our infrastructure stack
- Provide advanced support for strategic customers on deployment and scalability issues
- Coordinate with Revenue and Customer teams to deliver a consistent experience to our customers
- Train our clients and partners in the art and science of administering a bleeding-edge Elastic AI platform
- Strong Linux system administration experience
- Grit when faced with technical issues. You don’t rest until you understand why it does not work.
- Comfort and confidence in client-facing interactions
- Ability to work both pre and post sale
- Experience with cloud based services like AWS, Azure and GCP
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop and/or Spark ecosystem for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Hands-on experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem for setup, administration, troubleshooting and tuning
- Some experience with Python
- Familiarity with Ansible or other application deployment tools
Bonus point for any of these
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, Kerberos, AD, and IAM
- Experience debugging networking issues such as DNS resolutions, proxy settings, and security groups
- Some knowledge in data science and/or machine learning
- Some knowledge of Java
- Work on the newest, best, big data technologies for a unicorn startup
- Consult on AI infrastructure for some of the largest companies in the world
- Opportunity for international exchange to another Dataiku office
- Attend and present at big data conferences
- Startup atmosphere: Free foods and drinks, international atmosphere, general good times and friendly people
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.