Director of Implementation
New York, United States
Data Science – Implementation
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Drive Dataiku' growth as a the implementation expert of our Data Science Team
The Director of Implementation is responsible for serving as a "player-coach" for Implementation Managers working on the Data Science Team. Implementation Managers proactively work with Dataiku customers and internal stakeholders to build and deliver effective and tailor made roll-out or expansion plan of the Dataiku DSS platform covering : IT integration, User education and Data product delivery.
The Data Science team is a per geo-organization and each group (currently 4) is led by a Lead Data Scientist. The role of the Director of implementation is a transversal role across several geos aiming to grow and drive the implementation function by establishing and promoting best practices as well as supporting and coaching directly several implementation managers. In addition to Leadership responsibilities, the Director of implementation will manage directly some key implementation projects.
- Gain detailed understanding of client’s needs in terms of implementation of Enterprise AI platform
- Lead Implementation Managers to proactively anticipate and mitigate implementation challenges of Dataiku’s customer
- Partner closely with Lead Data Scientist to prioritize and manage workloads of IM and generally improve the delivery experience
- Consistently enhance implementation guidelines for IMs in order to efficiently scope and coordinate implementation
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to always enhance the customer journey and global experience through the implementation process
- Actively work with the Alliance team to build and operate an integrated implementation approach with our partners
- Maintain continuous feedback loop with Product and Engineering team to enhance the roll out and expansion of Dataiku DSS enterprise wide in large organization.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns as needed
- Stay current on Dataiku’s products, competitive landscape & trends in Enterprise AI
- Embrace & innovate on Implementation team methodologies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels and various departments: from business executives to data scientists, analysts and IT
- Unending drive to develop high performing teams
- Ability to gain achievement across diverse set of team members
- Passion for serving large organizations, data science and enterprise AI
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulate solutions that deliver efficiently concrete results
- Ability to identify key take from prior experience and derive clear, easy to implement guidelines
- Well organized; handle multiple accounts & assignments simultaneously
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed
- At least 5-7 years of prior project management preferably within enterprise software or data science consulting
- At least 1-3 years leading teams
- Track record of managing complex IT project ideally with leveraging new technologies
- Working knowledge data technologies (SQL database, Hadoop and Spark) and advanced analytics (Machine Learning, Data Science, AI)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Opportunity to join Dataiku early on and help scale the company
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ)
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.