Data Science Technical Writer
New York, United States
Product – Product Marketing
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
We are looking for a creator of dynamic technical material to join our Product team as a Data Science Technical Writer.
Since the launch of our company in 2013, we have experienced explosive growth and growing market demand. This individual contributor position is a new position due to expansion, to be located in the United States.
The role will research and produce content that highlights the capabilities of Dataiku's data science platform. This content may be comprised of a variety of materials, including written how-tos, tutorials, and use cases, data science workflows shared on the public gallery, and videos. These materials will be used across the company to promote customer success.
- Must excel at understanding and communicating technical topics.
- A combination of flair and economy of words is highly desirable.
- Experience transforming raw content from technical contributors into human readable materials.
- A strong background in constructing and explaining data science + machine learning workflows. We will consider exceptional creators in related fields.
- Experience with other tools of the data science trade (e.g., R, Python, SQL) preferred
- Experience with Dataiku DSS is a plus!
- Experience with the greater data ecosystem (e.g., RDBMS, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Professional knowledge of content production concepts and tools. Experience with the specific tools in our stack is helpful, including Git, Restructured Text (RST), and Sphinx.
- Prior experience with video production is a plus
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.