People Operations Manager
New York, United States
People Operations – Office
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku is looking for a People Operations Manager as it builds out its People function in the US and globally. Dataiku is planning on growing from 200 to 450 people in 2019, and as such is seeking a generalist human resources professional to help us with various strategic and tactical issues across all geographies.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with senior executives, business leaders, and other HR colleagues to help develop and execute various HR strategies and activities
- Work alongside your fellow HR colleagues who are dedicated to employee training, career pathing, HR administration, and recruiting to round out the team and tackle projects alongside and outside of these specific areas of scope
- Possible special areas of focus initially could include, but are certainly not limited to, leading a compensation and benefits study across all global regions, leading the semi-annual compensation review process, and helping to bring to life various global People Team initiatives here in the US.
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations
- Perform other miscellaneous duties, and support employees and policies, across our global locations (Paris, London, New York, Sydney, Singapore, and more)Improve our internal systems in order to scale more efficiently
What do we require from you?
- 5+ years of HR-related experience, with exposure to international HR topics
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment
- Experience in helping to define, execute, and maintain HR policies, procedures, and best practices
- Shown ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and drive appropriate solutionsDemonstrable ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Able to handle workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing prioritiesAble to work both on a team (as member and / or leader) and independently to deliver results
- Familiarity with traditional and modern HR methods across compensation, benefits, training, career pathing, employee reviews, and other topics
- Project management and leadership competencies such as self-motivation, time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, and drive
- You're willing to learn yourself!
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.