Revenue Accounting Manager
New York, United States
Finance – Accounting
Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, we also believe that people (including our people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
Dataiku's Finance team is growing! We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant in our headquarters in NYC! Reporting to the Global Controller, this person will be responsible for ensuring that revenue is recorded in compliance with US GAAP requirements. This role requires extensive revenue accounting experience, financial reporting, account reconciliations, journal entries and knowledge of US GAAP. It's an opportunity to work for a global team in a high-growth startup, with an expansive possibility for growth and career development.
- Revenue recognition - Calculate, record, and classify monthly revenues from the company’s different products, perform analytical procedures and investigate fluctuations from budget
- Assist in month-end close including account analysis, reconciling data, performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting, and preparing ad-hoc reports
- Prepare reconciliations, journal entries, and related support for key revenue accounts
- Work with revenue operations team to identify and analyze issues related to revenue recognition and perform inquiries/investigations on unusual transactions
- Identify internal control improvement opportunity and assist management with process changes
- Provide accurate and timely information to management, auditors and other outside parties
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field
- A mix of public and private accounting experience
- Private industry experience in technology and/or internet service companies revenue (including exposure to ASC 606) highly preferred
- NetSuite experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting (public/private mix preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and process management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of our offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, we always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.